The DyersJonah Lisa Dyer & Stephen Dyer
I bring 25 years of experience in the entertainment industry to bear on your screenplay. I know the level of quality expected of professionals in this business and have helped many writers take their work from good to great.
In 6 years as William Broyles, Jr.’s assistant I gave detailed notes on countless drafts of many projects, including FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS, THE POLAR EXPRESS, JARHEAD, KING ARTHUR and ERAGON. As a screenwriter myself I’ve developed scripts with executives at SONY, Hallmark Hall of Fame, Disney TV, Temple Hill, Film Roman and many others.
I am kind in my delivery style but I don’t hold back, pull punches or coddle. I give the level of notes I’m used to getting myself from Hollywood producers, directors & studio executives. I don’t try to impose MY vision on your work. My goal is help you better express YOUR vision.
If you’re ready for that, I can help you.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
What I DO:
- Micro Read – This is a slow detailed read of your screenplay where I make page & line notes, typos too.
- Macro Read – This read is focused more on big picture thoughts, thematics, scene reordering & solutions.
- Notes Document – I compile all my notes from both reads as well as general thoughts, initial impressions, what’s working, what’s not working, ideas and solutions.
- Call – I will spend up to 2 hours going over the notes & follow up questions via phone or Skype.
What I DON’T do:
- Help get your work to agents or producers.
- Provide ongoing reads, notes or calls.
- A smaller, less detailed consultation. This is what it takes.
Cost = $1260
And if you’re wondering if a professional script consultant is really worth it, I recommend you read this article by Jeanne Veillette Bowerman, Editor of Script Magazine.